CHEER is collaborating with the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNSF) to develop the expertise and capability to manage and analyze large administrative databases.
The MarketScan database contains demographic, diagnosis, procedure, and treatment data on over 60 million commercial and Medicare patients in the U.S. (over three years). This unprecedented collaboration allows unlimited analytic studies to be performed on the data as long as they are developed and resourced by the AAO-HNSF or CHEER.
Access is granted for a period of two years. In this collaboration, the AAO-HNSF purchased the license and CHEER is providing the programming, analytic, and statistics support through our statistics team at Duke Clinical Research Institute.
Current MarketScan projects
The MarketScan database is being used for the following projects (underway or in the queue):
- PE tubes clinical practice guidelines compliance
- Obstructive sleep apnea: The National Healthy Sleep Awareness Project found that the condition afflicts at least 25 million adults in the U.S. and has increased dramatically over the last two decades.
- Risk factors for pediatric hearing loss
- Sinusitis CT Scan Measure assessment
- Two other proposals have been submitted and are in approval process